About Me

My photo
thiagomed@gmail.com DRIVER DETAIL -- THIAGO MEDEIROS One of the most dominant competitors in Indy Racing League Indy Lights history, Medeiros switched from rear-engine cars to those with the engine in front for 2006 (at least for most of the season), competing in the USAC Silver Crown Series – the second South American driver in history to race in the series. The amiable Brazilian earned two top-five finishes in just seven starts, including a season-best fourth at Iowa Speedway in his rookie season in the Silver Crown Series. Medeiros holds many records in Indy Lights competition, including consecutive victories and poles, wins and poles in a season, and consecutive laps led and laps led in a season. Career Highlights (Through 2006 Season) · 2004 Indy Racing League Indy Pro Series champion · Best USAC Silver Crown Series Race Finish: 4th (Iowa, 2006) · Career USAC Silver Crown Series Starts: 7 · One (1) career Indianapolis 500 start

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Chicagoland preview

The USG Fiberock 100 takes place tomorrow at Chicagoland Speedway, and after suffering mechanical failures in his first two starts, the former Infiniti Pro Series Chicagoland 100 champion is looking forward to a better result this weekend.

Here's what Thiago had to say heading into the event:

"The Chicagoland track brings back very good memories for me. I won there in the Infiniti Pro Series, and it was a very special win, since it came after I had mechanical problems at Milwaukee and Michigan. It felt good to be back on top again. Chicagoland was also where I had my first rookie test in an IndyCar with Patrick Racing, which was a great experience.

Chicagoland is a very fun track with a high level of grip. It’s a fast track, and with the high banking, it also allows us to carry a lot of speed through the corners.

The Silver Crown car is a whole different ball game for me. There is still a lot that I have to discover, but I think that this weekend’s race will be very close and very interesting to watch. I hope that everyone enjoys it. I also want to thank NASCAR for giving me the first opportunity to race in front of their teams!"


USG Fiberock 100 Schedule
Friday, July 7, 2006
Practice: 9-10:30 am
Qualifying: 10:45 am
USAC Driver Introductions: 6:10 pm
Feature Event: 6:20 pm

No comments: